PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (PDPA)
This Privacy Notice is issued by MTrustee Berhad (‘MTrustee’). As part of MTrustee’s day to day business, MTrustee collects your Personal Information when you apply to subscribe to any of our services or communicate with us. In return, we may use this information to provide you with our services, maintain our records or send you relevant information.
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (‘PDPA’), we are required to inform you:
- Of the type of Personal Information we collect and how we collect it;
- How we use your Personal Information;
- The parties that we disclose the Personal Information to;
- The choices you have with regards to the extent of Personal Information you provide;
- The difference between information that is considered mandatory or optional; and
- How you access and update your Personal Information.
Your privacy is therefore important to us and we are committed to protecting your Personal Information by collecting and using your Personal Information in accordance with the PDPA.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- “Personal information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information may include your name, NRIC number, address, occupation, contact details, the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) including Sensitive Personal Information.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” refers to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs etc.
- The Kind Of Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It
In order to enable us deal with your inquiries or to provide you with our services, we may be required to collect, use, disclose and store (i.e. “process”) your personal and/or financial information. Such personal and/or financial information is required amongst others to:
- Establish your personal identification and background;
- Establish your financial standing and creditworthiness where required; and/or
- Supply you with any of our services applied for.
We may also obtain the above information about you from the following sources:
- Your relationship with us, for example information provided by you when using our services, when taking part in customer surveys and during performance of financial reviews;
- Your verbal, written and/or electronic communications with us;
- Third parties connected with you, such as joint account holder, security providers and guarantor(s) subject to your prior consent; and
- Any other sources which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
The Personal Information we collect can be either mandatory or optional. Mandatory Personal Information are your information that we require so that we can provide you with the required services. If you do not provide us with the mandatory Personal Information, we will not be able to provide you with those services. Optional Personal Information are your information that are not obligatory to be provided to us. If you do not wish to provide your optional Personal Information, you may still apply for our services. Mandatory and voluntary Personal Information may differ for our various services and these will be indicated in our letter of offer of our services.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
Other than as stated above, we may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Manage and maintain your information through regular updates, consolidation and improving the accuracy of our records. In this manner we can respond to your enquiries, complaints and to generally resolve disputes quickly so that we can improve our business and your relationship with us;
- Conduct research for analytical purposes, data mining and analyses of your transactions /use of services to better understand your current financial/investment position and future needs. We will also produce data, reports and statistics from time to time, however such information will be aggregated so that your identity will remain confidential. Sometimes it may be necessary if required, to verify your financial standing through credit reference/reporting checks;
- Comply with the requirements of any law binding on us such as conducting anti-money laundering checks, crime detection/prevention, prosecution, protection or enforcement of our rights to recover any debt owing to us including transferring or assigning our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreement with us;
- Perform shared services within MTrustee such as audit, compliance, legal, human resource, risk management including assessing financial and insurance risks;
- Outsourcing of business and back-room operations; and
- Any other purpose(s) that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
We will seek your consent before using your Personal Information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and/or in the terms of any of your agreement (s) with MTrustee.
- Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
As part of providing you with our services, we may be required to disclose certain information about you to the following third parties:
- Our agents, service providers, vendors and /or professional advisers who assist us in processing, administering, fulfilling transactions or providing value added services that you have requested;
- Any person authorized or appointed by you to give instructions to us on your behalf such as your agents, accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers, brokers and intermediaries;
- Any person(s) connected to the enforcement or preservation of any of our rights or transferring the rights and obligations under your agreement(s) with us;
- Any third party(ies) arising from the restructuring of facilitiy(ies) granted to you, sale of debts, acquisition or sale of any company by MTrustee provided that the recipient uses your information for the same purpose(s) as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us;
- Other financial institution(s) for the purpose of fulfilling the transactions required by you;
- Any rating agency(ies),credit reporting agencies, insurer(s), insurance broker(s), re-insurers or direct/indirect provider(s) of credit protection and in the event of default of a facility granted to you, to debt collection agencies; and/or
- Any competent authority(ies) and/or regulator(s), including foreign regulator(s) for the performance of their functions, subject at all times to any laws, including foreign laws applicable to MTrustee.
Otherwise, we will not disclose your information to others, except where:
- We are required or permitted to do so by law;
- Required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over MTrustee
- We may transfer rights and obligations under our agreement(s) with you; and/or
- We are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority.
But rest assured, that at all times, we’ll respect and protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
- Security Of Your Personal Information
We place great importance in ensuring the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information and regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organizational security measures when processing your Personal Information.
- Retention Of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be retained in compliance with this Privacy Notice and /or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with MTrustee for the duration of your relationship or for such period as may be necessary to protect the interest of both MTrustee and you. Such retention is also necessary as required by law or in accordance with our internal policies.
- Your Rights To Access And Correct Personal Information
If you wish to access and/or make changes to your Personal Information, you can make a request to us and we will endeavour to comply with your request to access and/or correct your Personal Information within 21 days of receiving your completed form and the relevant processing fees.
Please note that we may withhold access to your Personal Information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity, where the information requested is of a confidential commercial nature or when there are repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reason(s) for not being able to accede to your request. We may also request for more documentary evidence to avoid incidence of fraud and/or inaccurate information.
In order to enable us serve you better, we seek your assistance to continuously keep your Personal Information up to-date.
- Where The Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete
It may be obligatory for you in some instances to provide certain Personal Information to enable us to process your application or subscribe to some of our services. If you are unable to or decline to provide such obligatory Personal Information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with the said services.
- Revisions To The Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time and if there is/are any revision(s), we will notify you vide any mean of communication deemed suitable by us. However any revision(s) will be in compliance with PDPA.
If you have any enquiries or complaints concerning this Privacy Notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at the following:-
|Mailing Address||:||MTrustee Berhad, Level 15, Menara AmFIRST, No. 1 Jalan 19/3, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor|